Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fall is here

Summer has finally decided to let loose its grip and allow fall to bless us with its presence. My fall crocuses are in full bloom, the weather is a sunny and crisp low 70's, football season is in full swing, and our fridge is stocked with apple cider. After almost seven years of marriage, my husband has persuaded me that it really is a wonderful time of year. And I truly believe it is. While I used to view fall merely as the precursor to winter (my least favorite time of year), I now see it as a time of reflection and repose. It's the time of year when it's so incredibly pleasant to both sit outside and have a hot drink at the same time. Yes, summer is passing, the fields and my flower beds are beginning to surrender themselves to the earth, and the winds are beginning to be a bit more blustery, but it's also a time of new beginnings, especially since we're in academia, where the "new year" essentially begins at the end of August. It's a time to look ahead at the work to be done and revel at the fact that we have so many interesting things to look forward to in the year ahead! Let's just say that, this year at least, I'm enjoying the wonderfulness of autumn just as much as my husband.

**************************************************
Here are some pictures of Ian and Eric enjoying our morning excursion to Apple Works, a somewhat local apple orchard with a cute petting zoo and all kinds of wonderful apple-y goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment