Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer T-shirts

You know how pretty much every summer you have that one t-shirt that you absolutely love and wear practically everywhere, to the point that it almost defines the summer for that year? And then later, you see yourself in that shirt in all sorts of summer photos: out with friends for lunch, at a 4th of July party, standing in front of some random statue on your random vacation, bumming around at the beach. All the while wearing your fav T. For me, last summer's T was a stretchy brown one from Old Navy with all sorts of white road signs on it, except instead of the road signs saying their normal things, they say things like "GO" and "Right Way" and "Speed on Ahead" and "Hurry" and "Do Not Hesitate." A shirt with a positive attitude. Love it. And those of you who spend a lot of time with me are currently nodding your heads because you've seen me wear that shirt, like, a thousand times. It's my Summer of 2008 Shirt.

My Summer of 2009 Shirt is super cool, too. It was given to me by my good friend Sheri for my birthday...a few months late (love ya, Cheryl!), but it's here nonetheless. It rocks. Take a look.

What is cooler than Audrey Hepburn??? She was the epitome of grace and chic-ness. I obviously love her; I even named my car after her (see my post on March 6th). And I'm going to be wearing this shirt all summer. Look out, world.

And here's a close-up of Eric's fav T for this summer. It always makes me giggle.


So what's your Summer of 2009 Shirt?

PS: Lots to blog about, but we're having so much fun this summer, we just haven't taken the time to do it. Here's a sneak preview into what we plan on filling you all in on sometime soon:
  • Nick, our house guest for the summer
  • Making granola from scratch - Yum!
  • The never-ending project of painting the outside of our house
  • Ian walking with a cane, "Just like Papa"
  • Concocting homemade laundry detergent
  • Discovering Kiva
-

2 comments:

  1. I'm wearing my favorite t-shirt right now. It's a Salvation Army find. It's blue and says PAL in white across the front and used to have a 1 on the back, but it peeled off. Everyone asks me if I coach PALball, but I just tell them I wear the shirt so people will know I'm friendly. I noticed today as I was putting it on that it has developed several worrisome holes. I may have to retire it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wearing my favorite t-shirt right now. It's a Salvation Army find. It's blue and says PAL in white across the front. It used to have a 1 on the back, but it peeled off a while ago. I noticed today that it has developed several worrisome holes. I may have to retire it soon.

    ReplyDelete