Wednesday, December 01, 2010

My, oh my, life is different now...


...Mostly because of this adorable little dude:  
 
Photo courtesy of Brian and Sheri Beall
But, even though I hate change, different is not bad in this case.  Tobin is a blessed addition to our family and is settling in quite nicely.  He's a good eater and a relatively good sleeper (for a 2-week-old) -- what more can a mom ask for at this point?  As proof of his good eatin' skills, he showed up at his doctor's appointment today 2 pounds heavier and an inch and a half longer than 15 days ago when we left the hospital!  Sheesh!  No wonder I feel like a human bottle!

This week has seen the return of most of our normal day-to-day happenings.  After two weeks of floopiness, Ian and I were in sore need of some normalcy.  So we went grocery shopping on Monday, to Bible study on Tuesday, and to play group today.  Our afternoons have been blessedly calm and relaxing around the house, and our evenings have been filled with yummy meals (mostly brought in by loving people from our church) and Star Trek:TNG viewings as a whole family.

It's nice being a family of four.

4 comments:

  1. We are so glad. Wow...little darlin is growing fast it appears. Likes his meals for sure. Our family has been richly blessed. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my what a cute photo.I am so happy for you all. He is such a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts warm my heart, Lisa. I am glad to hear all is well :)

    ReplyDelete