Monday, January 03, 2011

Daddy-O

There's something really special about a relationship between a little boy and his dad. To Ian, his dad is the coolest guy ever (and I tend to agree with him) and he wants nothing more than to be like him and spend time with him.  Thankfully, he had the chance to do that these past two weeks as Eric was able to be home every day while on Christmas break (thus giving the mom of the house a much-needed breather as well!)

 On Saturday, the very first day of the year, the "two talking boys" spent the morning in the backyard digging...because what else is more fun on a warmish, windy January morning? 
 
 
 
 
One of our new favorite musicians is Frances England, who not only crafts songs that are enjoyable for kids and adults alike, but also has an uncanny understanding of the toddler psyche.  And of course, one of Ian's favorite songs (behind "Blueberry Pancakes") is "Daddy-O."  It seems to express the love he has for his dad in a way he's not able to on his own yet.  I love hearing him sing it with gusto and a huge smile on his face. 

(In the box below, scroll down to the bottom and click on "Daddy-O" to listen to the full song.)


                           

3 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes thinking what a wonderful relationship Eric and Ian has. I'm so glad our boys didn't go into business for themselves. I know dad was there during the band years but those early years while he was in college and building a business didn't bode well for family time.

    As we grow older we all realize how much we missed....may our years to come find us spending quality time with our kids and grands....just playing a game together like we did briefly Sunday night. We need to schedule more "game" fun times. Love you and thanks for sharing this musician. I may download to my iPhone. Loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts always touch my heart, Lisa. I love hearing about your growing little family and life away from Bloomington.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just put a Frances England song on my blog! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete