Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Lent 2011

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the start of the Lenten season preceding Easter.  It's actually one of my favorite times of year, as it gives me a chance to experience Christ in a new way by sharing even the tiniest bit in His suffering.  It also lends the opportunity to experience more fully the joy of Easter and the freedom that accompanies Christ's resurrection.  It's kind of like the "no pain, no gain" philosophy. 

In our family, we not only abstain from something dear to us, but we also try to take on something that is beneficial.  This year, Eric will be going without his favorite beverage, and I'll be forgoing any interaction with social media like Facebook and this blog.  Yes, it's been a six-week hiatus, and I'm about to take another full six weeks off.  Sorry about that.  (I know you're constantly sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for a blog post from us.  Your heiny must hurt something terrible.  Although, Eric is not skipping out on social media, so he's more than welcome to post as much as he wants...which is usually about one time a year.)  Anyway....Our family is also going to be taking on the practice of family devotions at dinner time.  We did this last year and really enjoyed it.  Somehow, we fell out of the habit again and are looking forward to renewing it. 

So,  dear Internet friends and family, have a nice early spring!  I'll really miss sharing with you our spring recipes and happenings -- its' my favorite time of year!  But I'll be back after Easter with lots to share, I'm sure. 

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment