Friday, March 12, 2010

Oglesbee Odes: Be Unto Your Name

As we've talked about before, Lent is a time for recognizing our need for God and adjusting our perspective such that we remember who and what we really are: dust, vapor, here for a moment, broken vessels. But with that comes the acknowledgment that God is forever, eternal, the Healer, and mighty enough to save us.

I first heard this song and learned to play it on the guitar while I was in Honduras in February of 2007, so it has an extra-special meaning for me.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, your blog has been quite an inspiration to me. You may not even know that I follow it, but I really am touched by much of what you write and post....for many reasons which I won't go into here :) But I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate reading this. Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anne Marie! If you ever want to share, feel free to leave me a message on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete