Monday, April 06, 2009

Where, O Where, is Spring?

At about 2am this morning, while we were snug under our heavy comforter in our blissfully dark, black-curtained bedroom, Eric and I were rudely awakened by what sounded like something being repeatedly yet randomly thrown at our roof. This continued for a few minutes, and Eric decided to manfully see what was up. As it turned out, our neighborhood trees were launching snowballs at our house. Wet, nasty, cold snowballs. In April.

Imagine my delight.

So I turned on some soft music to muffle the thud, thud, thud, buried my head under the covers (for those of you who know me, it takes something drastic for me to cover my face, especially my nose), and attempted to salvage a good night's sleep.

Here is what we woke up to:

On the bright side, more snow means that we'll enjoy the warmer temps, the soothing sunshine, and the spring fragrances that much more when they do decide to stay for awhile!

1 comment:

  1. You ARE looking on the bright side. I am sick of this cold stuff! And we didn't even get any snow that stuck to the ground. But at least if I'm indoors I get to catch up on your blog at its new home. :)

    ReplyDelete