Thursday, April 16, 2009

...to the moon...and back.

We have never been the kind of parents who were into extended bedtime rituals (and we're still not). However, a couple nights a week, Ian and I have lately been reading a particular book before bed. It's called "Guess How Much I Love You", and for some reason it has really resonated with both of us. It is the story of a father rabbit and his son having an informal contest to see who loves the other more. A few weeks ago without any prompting, Ian started pointing to the little rabbit saying, "Ian", and the big rabbit saying, "Daddy". I didn't have a chance; if he wanted to read this book before bed every night, well by golly, I was going to do it. So much for not having a bedtime ritual (at least it only takes 3 minutes...)

Here's a video Lisa took of a recent reading. The color is a bit odd because the video was shot using the low light setting on our video camera because it was a little dim in Ian's room. Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. That is Beautiful :)
    "Guess How Much I Love You" happens to be one of our favorite books as well.
    Nothing more important than letting them know they are loved.
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I was laughing a little at Eric in the crib...but by the end I was mush. There certainly are some good daddys in our family, huh? I'm very thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a crib converted to a daybed, at least! The thought of Eric climbing into a crib...haha!

    Yes, he's a VERY good daddy, in a family of good daddies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a world where everyone is so rushed to get from point A to point B, it's nice to be reminded by our babies that sometimes it's worth stopping in between to enjoy the little moments...I truly believe this is what makes life!!!
    I painted the scene where they're looking at the moon in my nursery on the vinyl blinds :) This book is a classic and special to us as well!!!

    MIchelle

    ReplyDelete