Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Birthday Morning

In my family growing up, we had the tradition that on your birthday, you were awakened by the rest of the family singing "Happy Birthday," and Eric and I have continued the fun with Ian. Here's a video of the first few minutes of Ian's 4th year. (Warning: it's 7 minutes of Ian blinking and saying some mildly intelligible things, which we tried to translate, so unless you really love Ian, it might be a bit...slow. But it's a 7-minute window into our lives for all of you far away.)

4 comments:

  1. I love that tradtion...it is too cute!! My favorite part was when you read him the card, and he said yeaaah. It was too funny! Hope Ian had a great birthday! :) Hope all is well with you!!
    -Megan Boylan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this! Made me feel like i was right there! We sure love you guys! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's our goal, Mom! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was adorable! He's one of the cutest and most polite little guys I know! Glad you let us be part of his Birthday! Hugs and Kisses your way! love Nana

    ReplyDelete