Monday, May 18, 2009

Blogs I Read: Part 1

The purpose of this blog is to give our family and close friends, especially those who live far away and don't see us much in person, the chance to peer into our lives and know a little bit of what's going on with us. It's one of the ways we keep in touch with you all and share our lives with you, even though we don't see you as often as we'd like. Thanks to the Internet, we can foster a sense of community we wouldn't otherwise have through mere letters and phone calls (which we also utilize as often as we can!).

This week, I thought I'd post a little about the online reading I do on a daily basis. There are a few blogs I follow, thanks to the help of Google Reader, and I'd love to share them with you. Hopefully, they'll enrich your lives like they have mine, or at the very least, you can know and understand me a little bit better.

So, in no particular order........


Blog #1: That's Not Me Anymore
I love this blog, and I love the girl who writes it. She's not only the daughter of some good friends of my parents, but she's also a part of the extended family on my husband's side. We played together when we were in diapers, and now I get to call her my cousin! Her name is Beth and she's a fun, creative, and lovingly transparent mom of three whose love for Jesus is contagious! In addition to all that, she's got her own mom's gift of writing. (If you haven't read anything by Rachael Phillips, you're missing out!) Every time Beth's blog shows up on my RSS feed, I get excited because I know I'm about to read something both funny and touching. Her perspective on life is refreshing, and I'm so thankful that she has the guts to share herself with the world. She certainly blesses my day several times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment