Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Blogs I Read: Part 2

Blog #2: Stuff Christians Like
Ok, so I already wrote about this one back in November, but I really, really like this blog! It's by a guy in Atlanta who started it a little over a year ago as a joke (based on the mainstream "Stuff White People Like" blog), but it's turned into this humongous community of people who have a sense of humor about the funny and strange things Christians do, say, and think. If you think about it, we're honestly an interesting and quirky group of people. Full of irony and introspection, Jon Acuff's blog not only makes me laugh every day, but also challenges some of the misconceptions I'm often still holding onto as an American Christian.

The whole idea has become so successful, that this perfectly ordinary guy has become something of a celebrity -- speaking at various Christian conferences across the nation, being referenced in major publications like Relevant Magazine, and even writing a book based on the blog that is set to be published sometime next year.

If you haven't spent some time in SCL world, I highly recommend taking a few minutes to see what Jon has to say. It won't be time wasted.

1 comment:

  1. SCL is HANDS DOWN one of my top 5 favorite blogs on the web! Always so funny!

    ReplyDelete