Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Blogs I Read: Part 3

Blog #3: Simply Recipes

I stumbled upon this food blog around Valentine's Day, when I was searching for a chili-chocolate cake to make at Eric's request. Once I found this recipe, I spent literally an hour, gaping and drooling over Elise's family's recipes and pictures of the delicious-looking food they make. I was hooked. Since then, I've made several of her recipes, including the Chipotle Flourless Choclate Cake (my rendition is pictured here) and Rhubarb Sorbet. Everything I've attempted from this website has been a success so far.

I like several things about Simply Recipes more than other food blogs I subscribe to. One is that the author takes time to share some back story for each dish and why it's special to her. Plus, she's a fantastic photographer and I have yet to see one single unappetizing photo on her blog. The Type A personality in me loves that all her recipes are so organized and indexed so well for easy perusal. Have some extra eggplant on hand? Type it in the search box and you'll get no less than 10 accessible and yummy ideas for the big purple vegetable. And to top it all off, she cooks with real ingredients: no processed food products anywhere, so the website fits well with the way I cook and try to nourish my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment